Core Awareness + Strength Team-Up (Santa Monica, CA)
A Yin /Yang Collaboration between Liz Koch & Deric Stockton
OPEN TO EVERY BODY! No prior experience necessary
Core Awareness is the key to developing Core Power and Strength. Power lifter and personal strength trainer Deric Stockton knows the “Action Potential” of the Psoas muscle. Capable of lifting over 800 pounds, Deric discovered that true power comes from a supple dynamic and responsive core and strong functional abdominals!
We join together to focus on the power and potential of the neutral core as the basis of strength training and over all health.
- Discover your core muscle and the important role it plays in all fitness protocol.
- Learn to work from a centered core with balanced appropriate core/abdominal and hip/quad strength
- Gain understanding and tools for recovering from all forms of injury
- Develop a protocol for going beyond Symptomatic/Asymptomatic sensation to HEALTH
- Foster Proprioceptive Awareness through movement and breath vital for healthy neuropathways
Deric Stockton is the owner of Core Strength RX Gym. He is a certified trainer and the creator of a system for developing a powerful and functional core. Deric is a Psoas aficionado, like myself, but arrives at core awareness from a very different background. An athlete, marine and bodybuilder, turned power lifter, turned strength coach & personal trainer, Deric is one super Psoas savvy guy! He works with all ages and all levels of functioning. His gym provides training for the Special Olympics. He has an amazing somatic understanding of the core muscle and the importance of skeletal balance, proprioceptive awareness, and a fluid core for overall health and well being. Posted on the wall of his studio are the words: Posture – Position – Proprioception!