Intensive Workshop (Friday Harbor, Washington)
3-Day Intensive in Friday Harbor on the San Juan Islands – Guest House and B & B list available upon request.
Open to EVERY BODY the workshop provides the time necessary for delving deep within the core to explore the healthy functional iliopsoas. By understanding the psoas and its role in the survival response (flee/fight/freeze) we’ll begin a dialog between the iliopsoas complex, autonomic nervous system and reptilian brain (old brain). The iliopsoas muscle affects skeletal integrity, joint rotation, muscular tension, breathing, feelings, and organ functioning. Understanding the complex iliopsoas improves healing, movement and fitness protocol, reduces stress and plays an integral part in resolving trauma.
This 3-day workshop includes:
- Understanding the function of the iliopsoas muscle on all aspects of well-being
- Practical experience sensing, releasing, toning, and lengthening your own iliopsoas
- Exploring the energetic/emotional/spiritual dynamics of physical core
- Recognizing the dysfunctional iliopsoas as an expression of TRAUMA
- Recovering and maintaining a healthy iliopsoas muscle
- Applying ideas to everyday movement; sitting, driving, and walking
The Psoas Book is required reading – A Special Student Copy (with flawed covers) is made available only to registered participants by sending a check or money order (US funds only) of $15. includes shipping& tax :
To Core Awareness, PO Box 1226, Felton, Ca. 95018